Zanjeer â€“ Overdose of B-grade Sensibilities
And finally the songs of the much awaited Zanjeer (at least among the Teluguâ€™s) are out. The promo songs so far have been alright lowering the expectations on the albums. Letâ€™s check out if the complete album has something else in store.
After the completion of listening of the album for the first time everything about it screams â€œtemplateâ€. After the completion of second round one gets the feeling of a B-grade-ness in every song. A standard hero worshiping number (Mumbai Ka Hero), two item numbers (Pinki and Shakila Bano), a Qawaali (Khochey Pathan ki Zubaan), a retro club number (Katilana) and finally a mandatory melody (Lamha Tera Mera), everything sounds tacky, stale and follows template without a single ounce of freshness.
In the end that is what Zanjeer album is, a template b-grade album which is fun to listen to if one doesnâ€™t mind its lowbrow-ness. However the sound of the album is such that after a week one could be left wondering if this was a couple of decades old album.
Our Picks: Mumbai Ka Hero, Shakila Bano
- Mallesham – A Journey Of Passion and Perseverance [Review]
- Prabha’s Saaho Official Teaser
- Mallesham Theatrical Trailer
- Anthariksham 9000 KMPH Trailer
- Tarak’s New Fat Trending Look Is Indeed Fake
- Did Chay Meet Vijayendra Prasad: What’s up?
- Thalaivar Leads The Buzz Among Pongal Releases On Youtube
- RRR Team Taking A Long Break Due To Charan’s Commitments
- Top Five Telugu Celebrities Who Made It To Forbes List
- Three Flicks Locking Horns For This Weekend