UTurn Movie SWOT Analysis & Pre-Review:
Successful Kannada film UTurn is remade in Telugu starring Samantha Akkineni. Bhumika Chawla, Aadhi Pinisetty and Rahul Ravindran play vital roles. Pawan Kumar, the director of the original, himself, remade it in Telugu as well. The suspense thriller is releasing tomorrow with Shailaja Reddy Alludu. Let’s look at its strength and weaknesses.
- The strength of UTurn movie is the story. It has universal appeal, and because of this reason, Samantha wanted to remake in Telugu and Tamil languages.
- Samantha’s presence in UTurn because of the way she performs and the scripts she’s choosing nowadays.
- Direction and Screenplay. Pawan Kumar stunned Kannada audience with his direction skills and an edge of the seat screenplay with his debut movie Lucia. It gave a huge boost to the second attempt, and that too was a success proving he is not one film wonder.
- Releasing a thriller movie in the festival season may affect the openings which are anyways expected to be low.
- A thriller has to be gripping and engaging to generate positive talk. A little wobble is enough to bring to it down. Here it is a remake of a thriller. Films like these are hard to pull off.
- Kannada remakes have not been successful in Telugu, and it has been the case for a very long time.
Samantha despite her success is not seen as a heroine with solo pull on par with the likes of the actress like Anushka and Nayanthara (in Tamil). U-Turn provides an excellent opportunity to prove it wrong.
Pawan Kumar can further increase his market and make bigger films keeping the various market potential in mind.
Shailaja Reddy Alludu which is releasing tomorrow is a threat to UTurn which is a thriller. The genre will have a limited audience whereas Shailaja Reddy Alludu is a complete package of emotion.