John Abraham is a recognisable name, and he has a certain amount of star power, but there is no comparison between him and Aamir Khan. The latter is arguably the biggest star in Bollywood right. However, latest developments suggest the minor star will take the place of the Superstar in a sequel which had the bigger star in lead role in the original.
The film in question is Sarfarosh released in 1999. It is a cult action thriller featuring Aamir Khan in the role of ACP Ajay Singh Rathod. The character had become immensely popular over the year, and so has the film which has made the fans demand a sequel for many years.
After all these years, director John Mathew Matthan who made the original is going to start a sequel tentatively titled Sarfarosh 2. It will not have Aamir Khan in the lead, and instead, John Abraham will step into his shoes. John has confirmed that he is doing the project. It will be interesting to see how Aamir Khan and his fans react to the decision of the director and also the film when it comes out.
For Telugu audience, Sarfarosh was remade into Telugu as Asthram by Manchu Vishnu. It was a disastrous remake, to say the least.
- Mallesham – A Journey Of Passion and Perseverance [Review]
- Prabha’s Saaho Official Teaser
- Mallesham Theatrical Trailer
- Anthariksham 9000 KMPH Trailer
- Tarak’s New Fat Trending Look Is Indeed Fake
- Did Chay Meet Vijayendra Prasad: What’s up?
- Thalaivar Leads The Buzz Among Pongal Releases On Youtube
- RRR Team Taking A Long Break Due To Charan’s Commitments
- Top Five Telugu Celebrities Who Made It To Forbes List
- Three Flicks Locking Horns For This Weekend