Here is the biggest news as far as South India movie trade is concerned. For the first time, a South Indian film has been picked up by Chinese Distribution Company for a release. China’s HGC Company has purchased the movie rights of Ilayathalapathy Vijay starrer Mersal.
China has become a goldmine for Bollywood films post the phenomenal success of Aamir Khan movies. The Bollywood star has opened the market and others like Bajarangi Bhaijaan, Hindi Medium and others have cashed in. Sultan is going to arrive in Chinese cinemas later this month.
The one thing that can be observed here is that all the movies listed above have been Bollywood flicks. It is the reason why Mersal’s deal is huge. Vijay will become the first South Indian star to have a Chinese release. The movie is expected to have a late 2018 or early 2019 release in China.
- Mallesham – A Journey Of Passion and Perseverance [Review]
- Prabha’s Saaho Official Teaser
- Mallesham Theatrical Trailer
- Anthariksham 9000 KMPH Trailer
- Tarak’s New Fat Trending Look Is Indeed Fake
- Did Chay Meet Vijayendra Prasad: What’s up?
- Thalaivar Leads The Buzz Among Pongal Releases On Youtube
- RRR Team Taking A Long Break Due To Charan’s Commitments
- Top Five Telugu Celebrities Who Made It To Forbes List
- Three Flicks Locking Horns For This Weekend