2017 was a stupendous year for Telugu cinema. From the epic Baahubali to films like Arjun Reddy, we saw several movies that ruled hearts of the audience and the box office alike. It showed us that the Telugu cinema had evolved to next level of filmmaking and taking. It improved TFI potential and laid the foundation for more exciting and unexpected combos and subjects to get greenlighted.
2018 has some highly anticipated big budget films. Film lovers and fans are waiting for these films to hit the screens. Here are the top 5 movies which are the most anticipated.
1. Rangasthalam: This period drama by Sukumar has Ram Charan and Samantha Akkineni sharing screen for the first time. Charan will play the role of a villager named Chitti Babu. Music is by Devi Sri Prasad is said to be a major highlight according to buzz in film circles. The setting of the film in an era gone by is going to make viewers nostalgic and will bring out a kid like enthusiasm back again says sources. The countryside backdrop is further piquing viewers interest.
2. Naa Peru Surya: Directed by Vakkantham Vamsi, this Allu Arjun starrer has several reasons to be on the list. Allu Arjun plays a soldier, and his hard work shown in the teaser has come off well. The casting of the movie along with the setting and intriguing caption Naa Illu India has made it talk of the industry. Anu Emmanuel plays the leading lady and has music by Bollywood duo Vishal-Sekhar. It has the potential to be an underdog winner of the summer and also sweep all the awards at year end. With so much at play NPS is making all the right noises for Bunny.
3. Bharath Ane Nenu: This movie marks Mahesh’s association with Koratala Siva for the second time after the blockbuster Srimanthudu. If that alone was not enough the Superstar will be seen playing a CM in the politically charged movie. What more can the mass deprived fans of Mahesh Babu ask for?
4. NTR- Trivikram’s Untitled: This movie has been gaining eyeballs since the muhurtham time. The coming together of two opposite poles of schools of thoughts in Trivikram and NTR is the biggest reason for the high anticipation. Add Anirudh to the mix as music director, and it is a dream project for every fan.
5. RC12: With Ram Charan Tej under Boyapati style of direction, it is the combination that Mega fans have been waiting to see for years. A mass entertainer for Dushera is sure to set the cash registers ringing apart from getting a big blockbuster opening. These are the two things fans are missing from Charan since long. Kiara Advani who debuts with Bharat Ane Nenu will be seen in this action cum family entertainer. Devi Sri Prasad provides the music.
Note: Apart from biggies mentioned above there is a chance for Mahesh Babu’s 25th and Prabhas’s Sahoo to arrive in 2018. But they are not yet officially confirmed and may move to Sankranthi 2019.